Authentication of Export Documents
What is a Certificate of Free Sale?
Upon review the World Trade Center Denver can issue a Certificate of Free Sale for products manufactured and legally sold in the United States. A Certificate of Free Sale states that the company selling the products has submitted evidence to us that the products listed on the certificate are freely sold in the United States.
If the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) covers your product, we cannot issue a Certificate of Free Sale for you. You must contact the FDA directly and have them issue the certificate.
Why do I need a Certificate of Free Sale?
Many countries are now requiring a Certificate of Free Sale, sometimes called a "Certificate for Export" or "Certificate to Foreign Governments", as assurance from a foreign agency that the products listed on the certificate are freely sold and manufactured in the U.S.
Click here to apply for a Certificate of Free Sale.
How do I get a Certificate of Free Sale from the World Trade Center Denver?
*Please Read Carefully*(Certificates may be delayed, denied, and include additional costs if requirements below are not met)
- 1) Please specify for which country or list of countries you would like the Certificate(s) issued (not just regions).
- 2) You must provide a Declaration Statement in which you declare that your products are manufactured in (insert country here) and freely sold within the United States of America. The declaration must: (1) be on the letterhead of the manufacturer, if different from the company requesting the certificate, (2) contain within the declaration the names of the products being certified, (3) include the language "products are manufactured in (insert country here) and freely sold in the USA," and (4) include the name of the applicant company if different from the manufacturer.
- 3) For each product you would like listed on the Certificate of Free Sale, your company must submit copies of invoices showing the sale of each product to two different U.S. customers.
- 4) The invoices should be dated within the last 12 months and the product names must be the same as how they will appear on the Certificate.
- 5)* Please specify exactly how the products should be listed on the Certificate(s). This should coincide with how they are listed on the commercial invoice by at least 80% (e.g.: Listed as 'Grape Shampoo' on invoice, but needs to be listed as 'Shampoo, Grape, 16 oz.' on the certificate. An example we cannot comply with would be if 'Grape Shampoo' is listed on the invoice, but needs to be listed as 'Special Volume Control Grape Shampoo' on the certificate).*If the product(s) name you list on the form does not match the invoice product(s) name, we will not be able to process the certificate. Provide a product key showing the correlation between the products and their listing on the invoices if at least 80% correlation.
- 6) Specify how your company name and address should read on the certificate. There needs to be a proven connection between the address you require on the certificate to the address on the invoices you provide.
A separate Certificate must be purchased for each country to which you wish to export.
BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 1, 2017: Certificate of Free Sale prices will change to the following:
|Regular Service (not expedited)||Expedited Service|
|Apostille through CO Secretary of State||$110||$160|
Products over 25: $1.00 per product
Spanish Version: additional $75
Extra copies: $25 per copy
Extra Apostilles for extra copies: $25
- $85 Certificate for all non-member companies: The $85 fee covers up to 25 products listed on the Certificate. If you would like more than 25 products listed on a certificate, please add $1 for each additional product.
- $25 Processing Fee for every request for corrected or incomplete paperwork: First request for missing paperwork is complimentary. Large and/or incomplete certificates may be subject to additional fees.
- $15 for an Apostille: Required only for The Hague Treaty countries (mainly all Latin American countries and the United Arab Emirates). If you wish to have an apostille (Secretary of State Authentication) on a non-Hague country certificate, please specify that in your request.
- $50 Expedited Service without Apostille or 30% of the total cost of your certificate if it is more than $150 ($85 for the first 25 products, and $1 per product thereafter).
- $70 Expedited Service with Apostille or 30% of the total cost of your certificate if it is more than $150 ($85 for the first 25 products, and $1 per product thereafter).
- $85 Original copies of certificates (to have two on file).
- $75 Translated Language Certificates of Free Sale (additional processing time).
- We accept AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, check or cash.
|Membership Level||Complementary Certificate Level|
|Entrepreneur 250||1 Complimentary Certificate|
|Corporate 350 /Non-Profit & Government 250||3 Complimentary Certificates|
|Corporate 600/Non-Profit & Government 500||5 Complimentary Certificates|
|Corporate 1000/Non-Profit & Government 750||7 Complimentary Certificates|
|Traders Level or Investors Level||Unlimited|
Once all of the above has been submitted, the Certificate takes 7 business days to process. Please note, if any of the requirements are missing in the form or invoices, it will significantly prolong the processing time.
If you are having issues submitting your online application, you may click here to download a printable Word version of a Certificate of Free Sale.
You may then mail it to the Certificate Team:
World Trade Center Denver c/o Certificate Team World Trade Center Denver
2650 E. 40th Avenue, Denver, Colorado 80205 USA
Please include an account number and method of shipment if your Certificate needs to be returned via FedEx, UPS or USPS.